SAFe LEAN PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
Aligning strategy with execution.
With SAFe®5 Lean Portfolio Management Practitioner Certification
SAFe Lean Portfolio Management is a two-day interactive course that includes a one-day Getting Started with LPM workshop.
In this course, attendees gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations, and Lean Governance.
Participants in the course have the opportunity to capture the current and future state of their portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the portfolio vision. Participants also establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize epics for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
Who will benefit?
This course is designed for leaders and influencers who are responsible for the Lean Portfolio Management function. Examples include:
• Executives and leaders (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs, and VPs)
• Enterprise architects
• Product managers and solution managers
• Business unit managers
• Program office personnel
• SPCs and enterprise Agile coaches
• Human resources
• Epic Owners
• Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
• Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
• Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
• Applying Lean Governance
• Implementing the LPM function
All are welcome to attend the course without prior knowledge. However, the following recommendations will make the training more productive:
• Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
• Attended a Leading SAFe® or SAFe® PO/PM course
• Experience working in a SAFe environment
What you’ll learn
• Describe the importance of LPM
• Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
• Implement Lean budgeting and guardrails
• Establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban
• Support operational excellence with APMO and CoPs
• Coordinate Value Streams
• Measure the LPM performance
• Build a plan for LPM implementation
What You Get
Class registration includes:
• Attendee workbook
• Certification of completion
• Preparation and eligibility to take the exam
• One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
• One certification exam attempt
Certifications expire one year from the date of certification is earned.
Renewal fee: $295/year